For today’s prompt, tell us three things that you believe in your heart to be true. Tell us three things you believe in your heart to be false.
I used to believe that it was possible for me to say a Prayer asking God to forgive every human being on Earth for their sins. So when I was a child I would kneel in front of my bedroom window, stare at the streetlights (because I couldn’t see stars where I lived) and fervently ask God to forgive everyone (myself included) for all of our sins so that if we died in our sleep we would go to Heaven.
Of course, as an adult, I no longer believe that my one little Prayer could save the souls of the whole world. But three things I do still believe to be True are as follows…
1) There are such things as miracles.
2) Love at first sight, soul mates and true blue bosom besties are real and possible.
3) A sincere apology can soothe hurt feelings pretty much in an instant.
Three Things I believe to be False are…
1) “sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me”
2) Polite people are nice people.
3) The movie The Godfather is the greatest movie ever made.
It really isn’t the greatest movie ever made. Can we please get over it already?